USENIX’s LISA conference
Date and time
Full Conference: December 4-9, 2016
Expo: Dec 7-8, 2016 (Fedora is only attending expo)
Fedora will be co-hosting the table with Red Hat like last year. Red Hat has also made a Full Conference attendee pass available for Fedora Contributor, which nb is using.
Sheraton Boston. Located at: 39 Dalton Street Boston, MA 02199
Team members show up throughout the evening of the 7th early morning of the 8th.
Man the booth for both expo days rotating demos for audiences.
Red Hat has taken care of sponsorship and all members will receive expo / exhibitor badges / creds on arrival, likely from mattdm.
For non ambassador attendees a expo only ticket is $50, Early bird pricing ends Nov 10, 2016.
- Showing Cockpit
- Showing Fedora Spins
- Using Cockpit ( Linuxmodder will have his personal laptop set for cockpit and spins demos for both days -- Including a STIG demo)
- What Spin is right for me ?
- Securing your Home Server or Infrastructure like the pros ( mattdm,linuxmodder, ?nb? )
- Automating with Ansible / Ansible Tower
- Using Python to work in a Fedora Developer / Tester Environment
- GPG Key Signing Party -- If you have multiple keys you wish to be signed, let the team know ahead of time.
- Corey Sheldon (FAS:linuxmodder)
- Matthew Miller (FAS:mattdm)
- Mike DePaulo (FAS: mikedepp33)
- Nick Bebout (FAS: nb)
- Beth Lynn Eicher (FAS: bethlynn)
- At least 2 demo laptops planned, one from RH and the usual Fedora laptop.
- linuxmodder to make a test account on his personal laptop available for demos as needed.
- Tech write papers, ambassador info possibly
|Travel for Corey||Bus Fare||$75|
|Travel for Mike||Amtrak Fare||$100|
|Reg for Beth Lynn||expo only pass||$50|
|Shipping||Banners / Event Box / Swag||$200|
|Lodging for Mike / Corey||Conference rate ($240+tax) x2 nights||$500 (estimates $480)|
|Totals:||~ $900 (Approved 12-01-2016 up to $1k|
Transportation to and from the event
Arrivals and Departures
Chart for knowing when folks are arriving or departing, by plane, train, car, roller skates, or otherwise.
|Who||Arrive (Flight-Time)||Departure (Flight-Time)||Comments|
|linuxmodder||7th (late evening -bus)||9th (likely last to leave)||Sharing room with mikedep333|
|mikedep33||Sharing room with linuxmodder|
|mattdm||Local / commuting from home?|
|bethlynn||8th @ ~6:30 commuter rail||9th after conference happy hour||flying into PVD and staying with aunt|
|Local Contributor?||Put down a contact method||times you are free to help out|
- Room reservations: linuxmodder / mikedep33 to share room at venue
If you are local (cover travel / lodging) and wanna help us staff booth / showcase Fedora, please reach out to Corey or Matt: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Local contribs welcome to join us. Swag and event box tickets #429 (swag) / #430 (Banners /Event Box) Pending approval at Nov 1 mtg.