Fedora Export Control SOP
Export Control Notification is the process of notifying certain United States of America Government agencies of the public release of an official test or final release. Disclosure is required to these agencies to comply with United States export laws for software containing cryptography. As Fedora's primary sponsor and holder of its trademark, Red Hat legal is responsible for performing these actions.
Responsible Parties and Duties
- Release Engineering
- provides public download URL to official test or final releases to the Red Hat Program Manager
- Fedora Program Manager
- make sure download URL is supplied to Red Hat Legal the same day content is officially released to the mirrors
- releases to the mirrors typically happens on Thursday or Friday.
- Export control notification must be performed for the following releases:
- Final (GA)
- Keep https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Export up to date
- On release days make sure that the notification is present on our download page calling out the export restrictions as required by Red Hat.