NetworkManager is an utility that aims to simplify the usage of computer networks in Linux and other UNIX like Operative Systems. NetworkManager has two components: a service that manages networks and reports network changes and a graphical desktop applet that provides a easy interface to manipulate networks. Current stable version is 0.8.0.
NetworkManager was started by Red Hat Inc. Engineers in 2004 aiming to provide a tool that would allow users to manage computer networks and answering their needs, specially for Wireless Networks. (...)
- nmcli (focus, new feature)
Here go some screenshots. I've taken them on Fedora12 using the Fedora Theme. Those are the screens I might find important, there's no personal information of any kind expect the SSID in some pictures (which really don't care).
Those probably will get redone in a final stage for perfect cropping. Anyway the base on this is to get feedback from everyone who wants to give some in order for the final release to be more accurate. This is not "production" level work.
This wiki page is:
- ... under construction.
- ... not accurate.
- ... outside of anyone not related to Marketing Team scope.
- ... a temporary mean.
This wiki page should not:
- ... be advertised in any way outside the people involved on this specific project.
- ... linked into any other wiki page.
- ... edited by someone outside the Marketing group.
This wiki page will be:
- ... deleted in due time.
- ... transfered into another page (the contents that is).
- nmcli (command line) > New Feature (present in Fedora13 - FOCUS ON FEATURE)
For further information regarding this specific page (which should not be of your knowledge if you are outside the Marketing Team) please feel free to contact Nelson Marques.
If you believe some information here can be improved or is inaccurate, please contact Nelson Marques.
3rd party comments/suggestions
If you believe something is innacurate or want to provide some useful information for this article, please edit and leave your thoughts. I (Nelson Marques) will be checking this on a daily basis until this whole process is finished.
Sources of Information
Random order, not by relevance.
- Web/Wiki Pages:
- NetworkManager Mailing List - http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/networkmanager-list
- Interviews to be performed to NetworkManager Developers.