This page is Fedora Medical SIG's packaging guidelines page. Please discuss in the medical-sig mailing list to update this page for your ideas.
Fedora Packaging Guidelines for Medical
Follow the common Fedora Packaging Guidelines. In this page, we note the Medical specific topics.
- For the newly created package, check if it exists in Fedora Debian or openSuSE packaging directories, and consider to align the package name with them. It helps users.
- For the newly created package, check if it exists on Fedora Packages, Fedora Copr, Review Status, or Deprecated Packages. You can judge if you create or revive your package.
- You might see some clues to apply a patch to support ARM on ARM HPC Users Group packages Wiki page.
- For Review Process - Review swaps, mailing to the medical-sig mailing list might help you.
- After you have a git repository for your package and build your package, please consider to announce it at the medical-sig mailing list and enable Koschei (example: https://koschei.fedoraproject.org/package/bwa - Scheduler parameters - Tracked by Koschei: True). Then the package is tagged by someone as a proper category in Koschei, and managed on the category list.