Meeting:Board meeting 2007-06-12
Fedora Advisory Board Meeting (Tuesday 2007-JUN-12)
Paul Frields, Rex Dieter, Matt Domsch, Max Spevack, Greg DeKoenigsberg, Chris Blizzard, Bill Nottingham, Jeremy Katz, Spot Calloway, John Poelstra, and Karsten Wade.
Discussion of Secondary Arches
- Blizzard proposed ARM as a secondary Fedora architecture
- Community run under FESCo following the same processes as other secondary arches
- Additional discussion around whether PPC should remain a primary architecture
- It is valuable to Fedora as a whole to have both big and small endian architectures in active use and testing.
- PPC will remain a primary architecture until:
1. secondary arch process is finalized 1. there are no other secondary architectures
- Board approves and welcomes ARM as a secondary architecture
- Location with will be Raleigh, North Carolina
- Discussed pros and cons of two different dates: August 3rd to 5th or August 17th to 19th
Decision: Max will check on location for both dates by June 15th. This may help to determine which date it actually happens on. Presently leaning towards August 3rd to 5th, *but no decision has been made*.
Fedora Advisory Board Membership
- Election nomination announcement posted by Max to fill three community seats
- Update from Karsten Wade
- Migration is under way from elvis.redhat.com (Red Hat's internal CVS for translation work) to Fedora CVS.
- Jeremy and Bill assisting
- Have ticket open with Red Hat engineering services to make sure process does not interrupt Red Hat's translation processes.
Features and Scheduling
- Board officially sanctioned John Poelstra to formulate and start the feature process for the next releases of Fedora.
- John to circulate a proposed feature process to fedora-devel no later than June 21, 2007.
- John to propose a feature freeze date and schedule in consultation with Fedora Release Engineering.
- Schedule and feature process will be submitted to FESCO after public review and discussion on fedora-devel