Fedora Project Board Meeting :: Sunday 2008-01-13
Attendees: Max Spevack, Steve Dickson, Bill Nottingham, Chris Aillon, John Poelstra, Matt Domsch, Jef Spaleta, Karsten Wade, Paul Frields, Dennis Gilmore, and Seth Vidal.
Regrets: Bob McWirther, Chris Aillon
Available Fedora Project Board Members met at FUDCon in Raliegh, North Carolina to discuss current business and to bring Paul Frields (new Fedora Project Leader) up to speeed.
- 2008-01-22 (Tuesday) at 17:00 EST
- John Poelstra to set up conference code and send meeting reminder
- Max is working with Red Hat's finance department to iron out finances for Fedora and to hopefully make things work smoother in the future.
FUDCon F9 Survey
- All members present thought it would be useful to conduct survey of FUDCon attendees to find out:
1. what types of Fedora users attended 1. useful information for making the next FUDCon better
- Need board member to own this action
FUDCon F10 Boston 2008
- Next FUDCon will be held in conjunction with the Red Hat Summit in Boston, Massachussets
- Red Hat Summit dates are June 18 to 20, 2008 (Wednesday to Friday)
- Discussed in general, but tabled additional discussion until afternoon marketing meeting with Leigh Day
- Exact dates for FUDCon have not been set, but it will occur around the time of the summit
Customized Spin Requests
- Board granted approval to two spins proposed by Raul Sundaram
1. Tamil 1. Punjabi
- Board is open to the Fedora XFCE spin, but did not vote on it because of unresolved technical issues
More Tools to Improve Package Quality
- Renew call to improve tools such as rpmdiff to catch additional packaging bugs.
- open sourcing of Red Hat's internal documentation tool chain
- community and project board unclear what it does
- recently landed for package review which is being held up because of the package name
- no actionable board issues here for the time being