From Fedora Project Wiki
Fedora Board Meeting, 2012 06 06
- Robyn Bergeron
- Toshio Kuratomi
- Christoph Wickert
- Garrett Holmstrom
- Peter Robinson
- David Nalley
- Rex Dieter
- Jaroslav Reznik (late and Gobby only)
- Guillermo Gómez (late)
- Jon Stanley (likely absent)
Today's lucky secretary: Jaroslav (we can swap this around if the phone situation sucks today for jreznik) - still bad :( I'll swap for IRC one)
- Elections ongoing. Let people know they should vote.
- 130: Make board less of a single point of failure: https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/130 <-- can we close this? YES Toshio closed
- 135: Connotation analysis ticket: https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/135 David to close
- 95: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins
- Deferred given that a new Board and new FESCo are imminently coming to office.
- Follow-up on branded goodies ticket #137
- Different bag since the vendor was out of stock of the original one.
- Board approved
- Follow-up: Release naming process
- trying to find the time for release naming meeting - pls join http://www.doodle.com/2y43y5vxxizsqyef
- seems like Thu 14 and Fri 15 are good candidates
- Follow-up: Spins ticket #95
- Reporter did not yet respond despite being pinged twice but promised to look at ticket now
- Changes ahead:
- Package Presets feature: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PackagePresets
- New FESCo to come
- Not much the board can do ATM
- Open Floor / Your suggestion here
- Is any part of the UEFI debate a Board decision?
- If the tradeoff is freedom vs market share, sounds like it is a Board issue.
- But there is a significant technical component as well and we don't want to meddle at a level that is within FESCo's purview.
- Next meeting: IRC, 2012-06-13