- Paul did a new rendering: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/temp/user-base-diagram2.png (SVG also available)
- Paul: Can we show impact or pressure or network effects between different groups?
- John: why is it important to show that?
- Paul: Could be included in separate diagrams
- Chris: previous diagram showed a cut-off line and a group that was not in the user base
- Paul: will look for a better way to include that
- difficult to make point of "permeable membrane" between participants and non-participants
- Mike: should we be grouping enthusaists with content creators?
- Paul: Should just say "Ambassadors" here -- people who don't necessarily create content but are important to the Project
- Chris: are blue colors to be interpreted as Fedora?
- Indicates areas we are doing well
- John: our original goal was to create a diagram that clearly explain User_base what do we need to do next? Are we getting too far off track by focusing on creating a diagram?
- Chris: It would appear that User_base answers the question of who our target audience is
- This topic was discussed at length (~ 1.75 hours)
- While it would be nice to have a default offering that meets everyone's needs, Fedora doesn't have the resources to do that
- NEXT ACTIONS:
- Fix first section of User_base
- Members should make edits and changes before end of business on Wednesday
- Propose User_base for acceptance by the full board
SWG Spins Pages Resolution
- Work that Matt and Colin did showed that there were no significant reworks or restatements needed by the Board. Individual pain points were recognized, and tickets filed for appropriate resolution.
- Paul made changes have been made as requested by Board members in IRC meeting on Thursday 2010-04-01
- We did not have time to discuss at the meeting
- NEXT ACTIONS:
- SWG agrees to review this page and provide feedback outside of the meeting by Wednesday so that the whole board can review and accept.
- Full board review and accept the content of this wiki page
- Monday, April 12, 2010 @ 15:00 EDT