Meeting:Community Architecture 2008-02-25
Max Spevack, Greg DeKoenigsberg, Jack Aboutboul, Harish Pillay
- lots of budget stuff, finishing fy08 and planning fy09.
- start working through legal issues around relocation.
- update to Fedora Board about budget and community plans for fy09.
- continued helping with LinuxTag planning and Fedora EMEA NPO.
- email Jan Wildeboer at Greg's suggestion to start chatting about RH/Fedora in Europe (no response yet).
- working to finalize Fedora IT budget for FY09.
- begin planning FUDCon @ RH Summit Boston.
- email interview with Paul Frields for Jonathan Roberts
- Delivered Community Architecture pich to worldwide marketing group
- NCSU lunch and learn
- Reviewed Google pitch with Jennifer Venable
- Moved FAST meeting (community consulting) to 2/25
- UNC visit to pitch Fedora to accessibility lab
- Fedora TV test instance inches closer to completion
- university tour work
- budget summary and how that impacts Harish.
- expenses and budget update.
FUDCon @ Summit in Boston (Max)
- Sign up page has been created.
- meeting with IDG on Thursday.
- need to transition over to Paul Frields soon.
Marketing plan for Fedora (Greg)
- Colby doesn't really have time right now.
- Greg will call a meeting and work through some of the Marketing open items.
University Tour (Jack)
- a typical day at one of these schools will involve meetings with both faculty and students.
- pitch faculty on developing classes or integrating open source into the classes.
- when Will Cohen opened up his course at NCSU, it was full within 20 minutes.
- talk to students opens with Truth Happens, moves into everything from there.
- enthusiasm is key.
- 20 schools, 11 are driving distance.
- make a page for talks and presentations.
- get the intern stuff finalized.
- keep on with LinuxTag.
- keep working on the EMEA stuff.
- keep working on FUDCon @ RH Summit, talk to Leigh about Fedora presenters.
- RH Mag article about FOSDEM.
- write up Fedora TV intern request.
- keep working on google start page.
- work on Fedora Marketing.
- keep working on FISL.
- keep working on Fedora TV.
- community consulting -- calls with FAST, TI.
- put CSEET talk up on wiki.
- get all the university stuff on the wiki (again).
- finish the actual presentation to present in next week's meeting.
- set up a meeting with Leigh Day.
- find sponsors for swag.
- talk to websites team about a nice page and graphic designers about stuff.
- get the NASA post up.
- Jack presents his rough draft presentation to us.
- what new metrics do we need? what do we need to measure? how can we get the most out of FAS?
- what are the dates of new users signing the CLA over time, and how do we show our impact on that?