Max, Greg, Karsten, Mel
High level CommArch strategy
What does CommArch do?
- Develop leaders for the open world. People who can be successful with TOSW.
- TOSW (book+method)
- Summer Coding
- Professor Grants
- "Project Marketing" (who does it? how is it separate from Fedora?)
- Dashboard -- internal and community technical leaders
- Fedora "hires" -- community leaders
- Scholarship -- student leaders
- Professor Portfolio -- edu leaders, mostly from POSSE ("spring training bootcamp")
- Fedora Marketing -- marketing leaders
- JBoss -- FIND JUST ONE COMMUNITY LEADER
How many leaders did we have last year? How many do we have this year?
- Let's talk more than just new hires and "replacement"
- Where have we been, where do we need to go
- With the roles from that, then we discuss who can fill what, and who to draw in
- mrc suggested that fundamentally, we build leaders and leadership.
- now go think about how all you want to do fits that theme.
- what are tools, projects, and results
- Greg's reply: Do we build leaders?
- Being a catalyst is "OK" but fuzzy.
- "We make stuff happen."
- What we DO is help people to do stuff with their interests
- tools - TOSW, CoP, etc.
- Why and how are we trying to build capacity, and how do we explain it?
- Example is POSSE: Interesting stuff, but how to make more brand equity vs. "Red Hat Leadership Development College"