- ensure that Jenkins is up and running
How to test
- go to http://localhost:8080/configureSecurity/
- check "Enable security"
- select "Jenkins’ own user database" in "Security Realm" section
- "Allow users to sign up" should be selected by default
- select "Logged-in users can do anything" from "Authorization" section
- click "Save"
- you should be prompted to enter you username and password
- click on "Create an account"
- fill in all fields and click "Sign up"
- you should be now logged in
- click "log out" in upper right corner
- go to http://localhost:8080/manage
- you should be prompted for your username and password, as this page is not accessible to public if security is enabled
- enter your credentials
- you should be successfully logged in
- go to http://localhost:8080/configureSecurity/ and uncheck "Enable security"
- click save
- security should be disabled now
- user shouldn't encounter any error messages or stacktraces, everything should work as described