The Fedora OLPC Project
NOTE: THIS IS A LEGACY PAGE, PRESENTED FOR HISTORICAL REASONS. FOR CURRENT OLPC/FEDORA WORK, PLEASE CONSULT THE NEW Fedora OLPC PAGE.
One Laptop per Child
|"In the face of the massive wealth creation that the technology industry has created for so many, we have found it unconscionable that so many could be without the tools and resources to join the digital ecosystems of the 21st century." Matthew Szulik, CEO of Red Hat, as quoted from Red Hat Magazine|
The Fedora OLPC Project aims to assist Red Hat and the non-profit OLPC Project in putting inexpensive laptop computers in the hands of children throughout the world. These laptops are simple hardware that is meant to provide valuable learning tools to children, even in developing nations where such technology might otherwise be unavailable to them. Read more about Red Hat's efforts on OLPC at http://www.redhat.com/promo/onelaptop/
First: Read our Goals. If you're interested in getting involved the first thing you should do is read our Goals page. This page describes why we're not like other Fedora projects. Some of your expectations need to be reset.
Second: Play. It's simple enough to get the software so go get it.
Third: Communicate. Join the mailing lists. We're like minded people, we should be talking. The important ones related to OLPC software development are devel and sugar mailing lists.
Make a Difference
Fourth: Contribute Help out with design & development effort on any of the OLPC projects .
- 2007-05-18 One Laptop per Child on 60 Minutes, Sunday May 20
- 2007-04-26 Building the XO: Porting a PyGTK game to Sugar, part two by JohnPalmieri
- 2007-04-25 Inside One Laptop per Child: Episode 02
- 2007-04-05 Building the XO: Porting a PyGTK game to Sugar, part one by JohnPalmieri
- 2007-03-26 Building the XO: The Anatomy of an Activity by GregDeKoenigsberg
- 2007-03-23 Inside One Laptop per Child: Episode one
- 2007-02-23 Building the XO: Introducing Sugar by GregDeKoenigsberg
- 2007-02-20 Up close with the One Laptop per Child XO
- 2005-12-xx Making One Laptop per Child a reality
- OLPC Homepage
- OLPC News Archive
- Wikipedia Article
- OLPC: Software Development Kit
- MIT Media Lab Wiki: OLPC
- MIT Media Lab Wiki: OLPC FAQ
- MIT World Media Web Site: OLPC Video Lecture by Professor Nicholas P. Negroponte
- FT.com: Crossing the digital divide