Fedora Events: OpenRheinRuhr 2014 - Oberhausen, Germany
OpenRheinRuhr is a new free software trade show with conference and exhibition in the Rhine-Ruhr region, the largest metropolitan area in Germany. For more information please visit the OpenRheinRuhr website (German).
To be kept up to date or to keep others up to date you can also join the OpenRheinRuhr identi.ca group. OpenRheinRuhr is also on Twitter.
Date & Location
- Saturday and Sunday, the 8th and 9th of November 2014
- Rheinisches Industriemuseum, Oberhausen in NRW, Germany OpenStreetMap
|Name||Booth service||Attendance on Saturday||Attendance on Sunday||Hotel room from Friday to Saturday||Hotel room from Saturday to Sunday||Hotel Confirmed||comments|
- Fedora 20 install and/or live media, swag
- Table cloth
- a showcase laptop
- Hotel Haus Union
- ~1km far away from the main train station.
- 60€ / bed&night
- Hotel zum Eisenhammer
- ~1,6km far away
- 48€ onwards / bed&night
- Akzent Hotel
- closest to the event
- 59€ onwards / bed&night
- Zur Bauernstube Hotel & Gasthof
- ~2km far away
- ~46€ onwards / bed&night - low-budget
- if you like farmers style in the room
- low-budget (<45€) hotels can be found also in Mülheim (a.d.Ruhr), Essen or Duisburg: three cities nearby to Oberhausen
There will be a social event on Saturday evening (starting 18:00) right in the lobby of the exhibition hall. Food and drinks will be supplied by the organizers.
The event was as expected. But with a wider topic range like it was in the past. This time, there were more talks available: both for newbies as well as for nerds. I enjoyed the two days at some talks and at the boothes of Xfce/Geany and Fedora. This time, the Fedora booth was very small compared to all the other events I'd already joined. Unfortunately, some of the schedulded talks could not happen. I assume that was due to the strikes at german railways - so there were not much visitors, too.