This install verifies the ISO's as virtual discs (IFS) on IBM i5 systems.
NOTE: This test requires knowledge of OS/400, iSeries partitioning, and an OS/400 service tools userid. Additionally, this test case needs clear instructions on what commands to execute inside os/400 to drive this test.
Steps To Reproduce
- FTP the disc iso's to the os400 system
- TODO outline steps to create optical volume, create images, and mount them
- Under the Change Network Server Desc (CHGNWSD) dialog in os/400, set the IPL source to *STMF
- Under the Change Network Server Desc (CHGNWSD) dialog in os/400, set the IPL stream file to the boot.iso for the mounted disc#1
- Under the Work with Configuration Status (WRKCFGSTS *NWS) dialog in os/400, VARY ON the partition under test
- Connect to the shared console on os/400. For example, to attach to a shared console for partition lp2 on i5-os400.test.redhat.com you would type:
telnet i5-os400.test.redhat.com 2301
- Next you would select the appropriate Guest Partition console number for lp2. Finally, you would supply your OS/400 service tools userid to acquire the console.
- Proceed with an @everything all-lang installation