Support the use of encrypted filesystems for anything other than /boot using cryptsetup and LUKS. This includes install time creation/configuration, as well as integrated support in mkinitrd and initscripts (others?). Currently we are only pursuing support for encrypted devices using cryptsetup/LUKS.
When installing to a device that has an existing encrypted file system, it is necessary to prompt the user for a passphrase to unlock the encrypted filesystem for use by anaconda for a new installation.
Steps To Reproduce
- Boot anaconda on a system with a previously installed encrypted filesystem
- Afer entering the root password, a dialog asking the user to unlock the encrypted device by entering the passphrase should appear
- continue with installation
Device sda2 is encrypted. In order to access the device's contents during installation you must enter the device's passphrase below.
- confirm user is presented with dialog for passphrase of pre-existing encrypted filesystem
- after entering the passphrase, user is able to use the encrypted device for installation
- installer completes successfully