From Fedora Project Wiki
This test is designed to validate that the display manager on the LiveCD will automatically start a login session after a period of inactivity at the display manager prompt.
Please refer to existing wiki documentation for assistance creating liveCDs or writing to usb .
Steps To Reproduce
livecd-tools, write the iso image to applicable media
- Boot the liveCD on a system capable of booting from the applicable media (either CD/DVD or USB)
- Allow the bootloader prompt to timeout and boot the default entry
- System boots into a graphical screen with a countdown before automatically starting
- The bootloader will boot the system after a brief timeout period
- The graphical display manager appropriate to the LiveCD burned (either gdm or kdm) starts
- After a period of inactivity, the display manager automatically starts a login session