(Redirected from QA/en)
Fedora Quality Assurance
Welcome to the Fedora QA project page. Fedora QA is the project which covers all testing of the software that makes up Fedora. It's our goal to continually improve the quality of Fedora releases and updates.
The Quality Assurance project is engaged in the following activities:
- Testing of software as it is released into Rawhide, Branched pre-releases, updates-testing, or as it appears in a supported public release
- Testing all updates to critical path packages before they are accepted
- Acting as a bridge between users and developers that aids in fixing and closing bugs
- Developing and executing test plans and test cases to test important functionality in a systematic way, usually with multiple cooperating testers
- Developing and running tools which use automation to find potential bugs
- Running test days to co-ordinate focused testing on a specific feature or component
- Working with developers and release engineers to maintain the release criteria, which are used to determine what bugs should be fixed before a pre-release or final release of Fedora is made
- Managing the release process along with the ReleaseEngineering team, including requesting candidate composes, performing release validation, and managing blocker and freeze exception bugs
- Working with the Working Groups to plan to test for the Fedora Products
Pending and completed tasks are listed in Pagure.
We're always eager to have new contributors to the QA project, no matter your experience level. If you'd like to get involved with helping to make Fedora better, read the What can I do? page to find out how to join in with QA activities. There are tasks available for every level of expertise and available spare time.
You can follow important QA events by subscribing to the QA calendar. To do that, open your favorite calendar software (Google Calendar, Thunderbird, etc), choose to add a remote calendar using URL, and input
https://calendar.fedoraproject.org//ical/QA/. You should now see QA events in your calendar. (Note: Do not download the
.ical file from that URL and feed it to the calendar software, that would only show a static snapshot of our calendar).
Our permanent QA channel is. You can connect any time and talk to QA members and anyone else interested in Fedora quality there.
QA meetings are held every second Monday at 16.00 UTC (or 15.00 UTC during daylight savings time, check our calendar to see a precise time) in the fedora-meeting channel on IRC. Everyone is welcome to come along, especially if you're thinking of getting involved with QA and would like to ask some questions first. General info on QA meetings and records from previous meetings can be found at QA/Meetings.
If you need help with running an IRC client a connecting to our channels, see How to use IRC.
- test is the main mailing list for the QA project
- test-announce is the mailing list for QA project announcements. This is a lower-traffic list if you want to keep up with important events but find the test@ volume too high.
- test-reports is the mailing list for receiving automated reports summaries from Fedora tooling which are related to development and testing activities
- qa-devel is the mailing list for QA tooling development
- fedora-qa project on Pagure is the main place for general task management
- fedora-qa group lists other projects we maintain on Pagure
If you'd like to get involved with Fedora but QA doesn't sound like the right group for you, think about joining another Fedora project instead.