Virtual Machines USB Passthrough
This short article shows how USB devices can be made directly available to the KVirt virtual machine.
- A host computer with enough memory and processor resources to run Fedora in the virtual machine.
- A USB device that you want to pass through into the virtual machine.
- Install the
Passing through a USB device
- If you have not yet created a virtual machine, click on Create a new VM. Otherwise, skip to Step 4.
- On Step 5 of the creation process, click the checkbutton Edit ... to select to edit the new virtual machine.
- Click Finish to create the virtual machine. The Settings tab will be opened.
- If you already have a VM created, click on Open and then on Details, this will open the Settings tab.
- On the Settings tab click on Add hardware.
- Click on Host USB device to open a list of available devices.
- Select the device you want to pass through from the list.
- Click Finish.
- The device is now directly available to your virtual machine.
- Any passed through USB device will not be available to the host computer when the virtual machine is started and until it is stopped.