This test case checks whether ABRT's actions and reporters function works correctly.
How to test
- Ensure the appropriate packages are installed with the command
su -c 'yum install abrt-plugin-runapp abrt-plugin-mailx'
- Edit the config file
/etc/abrt/abrt.conf, and change the ActionsAndReporters line to read:
- ActionsAndReporters = RunApp("ls", "ls-output")
- Set up an executable-specific report action in the AnalyzerActionsAndReporters section, such as:
- [ AnalyzerActionsAndReporters ]
- # all C/C++ crashes will be reported via Logger plugin
- CCpp = Logger
- # if gedit crashes, then an email will be send and Logger (from ''CCpp'' section) should be silent
- CCpp:gedit = Mailx("[abrt] Gedit crashed")
- Restart ABRT with the command
su -c 'service abrtd restart'
- Run the specified command (gedit in our example) and then kill it with the command
kill -SIGSEGV (pid)
- Verify that a directory listing appears in the file
ls-outputlocated at /var/cache/abrt/<the_crash_directory>
- the_crash_directory will be something like ccpp-1270110556-2295 (the format is: <analyzer>-
- -- DOESN'T WORK --Verify that the Mailx plugin was used to send a mail about the crash