Deliver an appliance to Amazon S3
- Prepare your environment
- Put the following BoxGrinder config into a file named:
/root/.boxgrinder/config. Insert appropriate values, see: http://boxgrinder.org/tutorials/boxgrinder-build-plugins/#S3_Delivery_Plugin, for more information.
plugins: s3: access_key: AWS_ACCESS_KEY # (required) secret_access_key: AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY # (required) bucket: stormgrind-test # (required) account_number: 0000-0000-0000 # (required) path: /images # default: / cert_file: /home/a/cert-ABCD.pem # required only for ami type key_file: /home/a/pk-ABCD.pem # required only for ami type
How to test
boxgrinder-build boxgrinder-appliances/testing-appliances/jeos-appls/fedora-15-jeos.appl -p ec2 -d ami --trace
- Launch an instance of your new JEOS AMI, it should have been registered automatically
- Log in via SSH with user:
- Run the following Test Case in the VM: QA:Network_basic_test_case
The following must be true to consider this a successful test run.
- Step #1 completes without error (indicated on console)
- Program completes with exit code 0
- AMI boots successfully, and can log into the EC2 appliance without error
- QA:Network_basic_test_case is performed successfully on the new appliance