Verify that relevant data is displayed on the serial console
This test requires access to a cloud provider (EC2, OpenStack, etc)
How to test
- Boot the latest AMI
- Select defaults (key-pair, etc)
- From the EC2 Dashboard, select your instance
- Click "Actions" and then select "Get System Log"
- Log data should appear in the console output
- Networking information should be displayed
- ssh hostkey fingerprints should be visible
- One of the final lines should say that Cloud-init finished.
This output can also be checked in /var/log/cloud-init.log on the instance itself.