Provision Fedora CoreOS and set alternatives symlinks.
- Download and verify the latest FCOS next image (pick the right image for your environment).
How to test
- Create an Ignition file. When writing the configuration, update the iptables alternatives symlinks to point to iptables-legacy.
- Launch your Fedora CoreOS system using this Ignition file. See the Quickstart and the provisioning docs for a guide how to launch FCOS in most environments (bare metal, virtual, cloud, etc).
- You can SSH successfully into your FCOS system.
- The symlinks in
/etc/alternativesreflect the wanted changes.
- The output of e.g.
iptables --versionshows the legacy backend is being used.
- The linked documentation makes sense, nothing is obviously missing, and the instructions are clear.