Provision Fedora CoreOS and test kdump
- Download and verify the latest FCOS next image (pick the right image for your environment).
How to test
- Launch your Fedora CoreOS system. See the Quickstart and the provisioning docs for a guide how to launch FCOS in most environments (bare metal, virtual, cloud, etc).
- Create an Ignition file that enables kdump
- Launch your Fedora CoreOS system using this Ignition file.
- Trigger a kernel dump using the following commands
# echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq
# echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger
- The system will capture the kernel dump and reboot.
- Verify the kernel dump is captures in /var/crash
- You can SSH successfully into your FCOS system.
- Verify triggering a kernel dump will produce crash files in /var/crash
- The linked documentation is clear, all steps are understandable, and nothing important is missing from it.