This test case is to make sure if Docker is installed. We will first check the image.
If the image is Base image we will install Docker and check for Docker.
If the image is Atomic image we will just check whether Docker is installed there or not, since Docker is supposed to be Pre-installed in any Atomic image.
Test this on both Base and Atomic image.
How to test
Be as specific as required for the target audience.
- ssh into an instance.
- Next check whether the image is Base or Atomic.
$ stat /run/ostree-booted $ echo $?
3. If Base image install Docker and then check for Docker.
$ dnf -y install docker $ rpm -q docker
4. If Atomic image check for Docker.
$ rpm -q docker
The following must be true to consider this a successful test run.
- Step #1 You should be able to login to the instance.
- Step #2 You will be able to see whether the image is Base or Atomic.
$ stat /run/ostree-booted $ echo $? 1
Exit code is 1; this means the image is Base image.
3. Step #3 should install Docker on Base image and return the Docker build.
If Step #2 returns Atomic image, Like:
$ stat /run/ostree-booted $ echo $? 0
Exit code is 0; this means the image is Atomic image.
4. Step #4 will return the Docker build for Atomic image.
Check for Docker info.
$ docker info