Classic mode is an alternative desktop mode, which uses the same technologies as the standard GNOME session.
If running from the live image, first create a password for the live user using the
How to test
- Go to the login screen, either by logging out or by rebooting
- At the login screen, select a user
- In the bottom corner of the screen is a gear button - this opens the session menu. "GNOME Classic" should be listed as an option.
- Select "GNOME Classic" from the session menu, and login
- Check that it is possible to launch applications and that the apps are organized into logical categories
- Check that it is possible to use the system calendar and notifications from the top bar
- Check that it is possible to use the system menu from the top bar
- Check that windows have minimize and maximize buttons
- Check that the taskbar can be used to restore minimized windows
- Check that Alt+Tab shows windows instead of applications
- Check that it is possible to lock the screen and then unlock to get back into the session
Please file a bug for any obviously mistaken behavior during a general exploratory testing of classic mode.