(Redirected from QA:Testcase Gnome Initial Setup)
This test case checks whether an initial setup utility works as intended after Fedora installation or disk image deployment.
How to test
- Install or deploy the Fedora release you wish to test, with the desired package set (different package sets may include different initial setup utilities). Do not create a standard user account during installation.
- Boot the installed system, and observe whether an initial setup utility runs
- The initial-setup utility must run if you deployed an image which has no root password (or administrative user account) set, or if you performed an installation of a graphical desktop without creating a standard user account. If no initial setup utility ran, check whether you can log in as root to whatever login screen you are presented with.
- If a utility does run, complete the process. At least create one user account. Test any other functions offered by the initial setup process including setting the root password and timezone, if offered
- After completing the initial setup process, test whether you can log in successfully with the user account you created
- For installations that boot to a graphical desktop, an initial setup utility should run on first boot before the login screen appears if no user account was created during installation, and at least offer user account creation
- For deployments from disk images, an initial setup utility should run on first boot before the login screen appears if no root password was set or administrative user account creating as part of the image creation or deployment process
- You should be able to complete the user creation process of the initial setup utility successfully
- The user creation process should create a working user account with which you can log in to the system
- Other functions of the initial setup utility should complete without errors, crashes or freezes, and should achieve the results they claim, if set:
- The timezone should be correct
- The root password set as intended
- When testing GNOME, please report all failures to the GNOME tracker.