QA:Testcase base initial setup
This test case checks whether an initial setup utility works as intended after Fedora installation or disk image deployment.
How to test
- Install or deploy the Fedora release you wish to test, with the desired package set (different package sets may include different initial setup utilities). Do not create a standard user account during installation.
- Boot the installed system, and observe whether an initial setup utility runs
- The initial-setup utility must run if you deployed an image which has no root password (or administrative user account) set, or if you performed an installation of a graphical desktop without creating a standard user account. If no initial setup utility ran, check whether you can log in as root to whatever login screen you are presented with.
- Observe any artwork and release identification in the initial setup utility. Note whether it specifies a version number and/or a pre-release phase (Alpha or Beta, for instance), and if it does, if it is the correct version number and/or phase for the Fedora release or pre-release you are testing. Check whether any artwork included is in fact the correct, current artwork proposed by the design team for the release under test
- If a utility does run, complete the process. At least create one user account. Test any other functions offered by the initial setup process including setting the root password and timezone, if offered
- After completing the initial setup process, test whether you can log in successfully with the user account you created
- For installations that boot to a graphical desktop, an initial setup utility should run on first boot before the login screen appears if no user account was created during installation, and at least offer user account creation
- For deployments from disk images, an initial setup utility should run on first boot before the login screen appears if no root password was set or administrative user account creating as part of the image creation or deployment process
- You should be able to complete the user creation process of the initial setup utility successfully
- The user creation process should create a working user account with which you can log in to the system
- Other functions of the initial setup utility should complete without errors, crashes or freezes, and should achieve the results they claim, if set:
- The timezone should be correct
- The root password set as intended
- Any artwork or release identification present in an initial setup utility should include the correct Fedora release number, with the exception that if you are testing a Beta or earlier release, a reference to the pre-release phase but no release number is acceptable
- Any artwork included in post-beta builds must be part of the artwork proposed by the design team for the release in question. 'Placeholder' artwork is acceptable for Beta and earlier builds