Test GNOME Photos application.
- Ensure that GNOME Photos (package
) is installed.
- Optional: If you store photos in a cloud, e.g. Google Photos, start Settings -> Online Accounts and add your online account. That will allow you to easily browse your cloud photos.
- The failure to add an online account is not a failure of this test case, but a failure in GNOME Online Accounts.
How to test
- Run Gnome Photos.
- In GNOME, start Photos or run
- If you added an online account, you should already see your cloud photos. Verify that they show up correctly.
- Place some local photos to the
~/Picturesfolder. Verify that they show up in Photos correctly.
- Mark some photos as favorites. Verify that they are now marked with a star and they are displayed in the Favorites tab.
- Unmark a photo from favorites. It should be removed from the Favorites tab and should no longer have a star on it.
- Select some photos and group them to an album. Verify that it shows up in the Albums tab and that it contains the correct photos.
- Repeat the process and create several albums.
- Add new photos to an existing album. Verify that they were correctly added.
- Remove some photos from an existing album. Verify that they were correctly removed.
- Add the same photo to several albums. Verify that it shows up in all of them.
- Verify that your favorite photos are correctly marked with a star even when looking at them through the Albums tab (as well as through Photos tab).
- Search for your photos according to their filename, they should show up correctly.
- Remove a selected photo (beware: this will move the selected photo to trash!). Verify that it was removed from
~/Picturesand moved to Trash, or removed from your online account.
- Repeat the last step, but this time undo the deletion using the delete notification. Verify that the photo wasn't removed.
- Edit a photo and use some of the available options, like crop, colors, filters, etc. Edit multiple photos, using different adjustments on each. Verify that they show up adjusted in the Photos/Albums/Favorities view (as applicable).
- Close Photos and open it again, verify that all your changes (albums, favorites, photo edits, etc) are still in place as expected.
- Perform some additional Exploratory testing.
- All actions should behave as expected.
- Please report all failures to the GNOME tracker.