From Fedora Project Wiki
Test Gnome Terminal
- Make sure GNOME Terminal (package gnome-terminal) is installed.
How to test
- From GNOME start Terminal
- Perform some basic commands, like
tree, and others, see whether they work as expected.
- Install additional packages by running this command:
sudo dnf install btop sl
sl, see whether everything is drawn properly.
btop, see whether everything is drawn properly.
btopis running, resize the terminal window. See whether everything is resized properly.
- Create several tabs and run a command in each, see whether it works as expected. Reorder the tabs, close some.
- Select some text from the terminal, copy it using the right click menu, and paste it into the Text Editor. It should work as expected.
- Copy the whole following multiline text and paste it to the terminal using the right click menu. It should not be automatically executed, but it should wait for you to confirm it with ↵ Enter, only then it should run.
echo Hello World echo This is $(cat /etc/fedora-release) echo Today is $(date)
- Use the Search button to search for some text on the screen. It should find the text even when it is currently not visible (you'd have to scroll up to see it).
- Use the menu to adjust the font size.
- Perform some additional Exploratory testing.
- All actions should behave as expected.
- Please report all failures to the GNOME tracker.