Test Cheese photo booth
- This must be run on a system with a video camera (webcam), so typically a laptop or a desktop with a connected video camera. It can't be tested in a virtual machine (unless you're able to route your camera inside).
- Ensure that Cheese (package
) is installed.
How to test
- Start Cheese or run
cheesecommand. You should see the output of your video camera. If not, make sure your camera is not obscured, or try to pick a different device in Cheese preferences.
- Take several photos. There should be a countdown and a screen flash, then you should see your photos in the photos bar.
- Open a file browser and verify that your photos are also saved in
- Double click on a selected taken photo in the photo bar to enlarge it.
- Test other actions in the photo bar in the right click menu, like re-saving the photo elsewhere, or deleting that photo.
- Take a burst photo. This should take several photos consecutively, and in general behave the same as when taking a single photo multiple times.
- Capture a video. It should also appear in the photos bar below.
- Open a file browser and verify that your videos are also saved in
- Double click on a selected taken video in the photo bar to replay it.
- Activate some effects. Test multiple of them. Take a photo with some effect enabled, and a video some a different effect enabled.
- Display the photo and play the video from the photo bar, to confirm the effect was applied when saving them.
- Select a range of photos/videos in the photo bar by using and mouse clicking, and move them to trash/delete them.
- Select all photos in the photo bar using + and move them to trash/delete them.
- Perform some additional Exploratory testing.
- All actions should behave as expected.
- Please report all failures to the GNOME tracker.