The test is to make sure that Journal gets written to disk.
This to test in Atomic Image and Base Image.
How to test
Be as specific as required for the target audience.
- ssh into an instance.
- Next we will reboot the image.
$ sudo reboot
3. Now we will find that PID of systemd-journald.
$ systemctl show systemd-journald.service -p MainPID
4. Finally we will check whether journal gets written to disk or not.
$ sudo ls -l /proc/<MainPID>/fd/ | grep journal
The following must be true to consider this a successful test run.
- Step #1 You should be able to login to an instance.
- Step #2 will reboot the instance.
- Step #3 will return MainPID of journald like this:
$ systemctl show systemd-journald.service -p MainPID MainPID=511
4. Step #4 will return the details like this:
$ sudo ls -l /proc/511/fd/ | grep journal lrwx------. 1 root root 64 May 5 15:18 14 -> /var/log/journal/91ae08310c634d7b94c8dadfc3a4cd3d/system.journal lrwx------. 1 root root 64 May 5 15:18 73 -> /var/log/journal/91ae08310c634d7b94c8dadfc3a4cd3d/user-1000.journal