QA:Testcase KDE4 KScreen
This test case covers configuring and using KScreen
Obtain a multihead configuration (Laptop LCD + at least one external monitor or multiple monitors), have only one display connected at first. Make sure kscreen is installed and kded_randrmonitor is uninstalled. Restart your session after installing KScreen.
# yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install kscreen $ qdbus org.kde.kded /kded org.kde.kded.unloadModule randrmonitor $ qdbus org.kde.kded /kded org.kde.kded.setModuleAutoloading randrmonitor false $ qdbus org.kde.kded /kded org.kde.kded.loadModule kscreen
How to test
- Connect a new monitor
- Change configuration of monitors in the KCM (System Settings -> Display and Monitor -> Display Configuration) - change resolution, position or orientation of any monitor.
- Disconnect a monitor. The screen should be resized automatically, no window should be left "hidden" in the, now unavailable screen.
- Connect the monitor again. The previous configuration should be correctly restored.
- Repeat the steps above with different monitors and configurations.
- Configuration is correctly restored when monitor is plugged in. KScreen should remember setups for different monitors, projectors, etc.
- Screen is correctly resized when monitor is unplugged, all windows are moved to the remaining screens.
- Changing configuration in the KCM works.