This test will verify that anaconda can download the requested kickstart file using a NFS URL. For further information on the ks=parameter, refer to 28.10. Starting a Kickstart Installation
- Prepare a valid kickstart file.
- You can use an example kickstart available from QA:Testcase Kickstart Http Server Ks Cfg.
- If you want to create your own kickstart, you can examine the file
/root/anaconda-ks.cfgon a previously installed system. This file contains the kickstart instructions used to install that system. For additional guidance on kickstart syntax, see Anaconda/Kickstart.
- Copy the kickstart file to your NFS server
How to test
- Boot the system and add the following argument to the boot prompt
- The kickstart file is successfully obtained from the specified location. This can be confirmed by the installer honoring the provided kickstart commands, or by inspecting the installer log file
anaconda.log(/var/log/filename/anaconda.log) for the following information
INFO anaconda: Parsing kickstart: /run/install/ks.cfg
/run/install/ks.cfgshould contain your kickstart file
- The installer should honor the kickstart commands provided in the
- If sufficient kickstart commands are provided to fully automate an installation, the installer must not prompt for user input.