QA:Testcase NetworkManager ipv6
This test case tests whether NetworkManager can establish a network connection over the IPv6 protocol. You will require a functional IPv6-based network to be available to perform this test. The test assumes the connection is not previously configured.
How to test
- Start up the system
- Right click on the NetworkManager applet in the system tray (if you are taking part in the 2009-08-13 NetworkManager Test Day, you may have to perform the workaround for this known issue in Rawhide before you can do this)
- Click on Edit connections...
- Click Add
- Click on the IPv6 Settings tab
- Change the Method to Manual
- Click Add next to the Addresses box, and add the desired IPv6 address
- Optionally, Click Routes..., then Add and add an appropriate IPv6 route
- Optionally, add IPv6 DNS server address(es), though you will not need to do this if one is already being configured over the IPv4 protocol
- Complete the configuration tool and activate the newly-configured connection
- Test whether you can connect to other machines on the network via their IPv6 addresses
- You should be able to access network resources using IPv6 addresses
- If you added route(s), they should be visible in the output of ip -6 route list