QA:Testcase Power Management tuned off load
This test case measures energy consumed by you system while under postmark load with tuned deactivated (the default setting).
- Check that you have pm-test-day package installed:
$ rpm -q pm-test-day
For better results disable screensaver, screen dimming/turning off, transition to sleep mode, HDD power savings and cron service:
- Disable screensaver (if applicable).
- Disable sleep mode, in Gnome 3:
$ gnome-control-center power
- Uncheck "On battery power"
- Disable LCD power savings, in Gnome 3:
$ gnome-control-center screen
- Uncheck "Dim screen to save power".
- Set "Turn off after" to max. value.
- Disable cron:
# systemctl stop crond.service stop
- Disable user PM via gconf (and save previous settings), it needs to be run under user who is logged into desktop:
$ pmtd-pm-user-settings saveoff
- After the test it is possible to restore the previous settings by using the restore parameter instead of saveoff.
How to test
- If you have laptop, disconnect AC and run only on battery.
- Please make sure your battery is charged to 100%.
- Enable tuned laptop-battery-powersave profile by:
# tuned-adm profile laptop-battery-powersave
- Run the following command:
- Do not touch your computer until the test completes (cca. 5 -30 minutes).
- Write the output to the results table.
- The time taken by the test is written to the stdout.
- In case you have laptop running on battery the energy consumed during the test is also written to the stdout.