This test case describes making your desktop available on the network
How to test
- Open 'Remote Desktop Preferences' (in the menus under System ➛ Preferences ➛ Remote Desktop)
- Turn on 'Allow other users to view your desktop'
- Take note of the address that is shown in the yellow box
- On another computer, (install and) open vinagre (in the menus under Applications ➛ Internet ➛ Remote Desktop Viewer)
- Click the 'Connect' button and enter the address in the 'Host' field
- Verify that you see a live copy of the first computers desktop
- Repeat the above steps with various settings in the 'Security' section of the 'Remote Desktop Preferences'
- Expected results:
- Desktop sharing works on both local and non-local networks
- When you are in a local network, you can also start a connection by clicking the 'Find' button in vinagres 'Connect' dialog, instead of entering the address manually
- Confirmations and passwords are checked as configured, before the desktop is shared