This test case exercises the addition of a metalink-based package repository during installation. Testing also includes verifying proper installation of packages included in the repository.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available non-live means (anything except
- Go to the INSTALLATION SOURCE page
- Click the + button under Additional repositories to add a repository
- Give the repository a name, and set the URL to be the URL of a valid metalink, e.g.
- Set the "URL type:" to "metalink"
- Click "Done", and proceed with the installation as usual
- Once installation is complete, boot the installed system. If you used the example URL above, you can check that a package called
rpm -q testpackage is installed, e.g. with
- The additional repository configuration is accepted by the installer
- Installation completes successfully
- If the additional repository contains a higher version of an installed package than the install repository, the version from the additional repository is installed; or if the repository contains a package configured to supplement an installed package, that package is installed (the example repository's package is configured to supplement , so it should always get installed)