QA:Testcase base shutdown/reboot
This test case asserts whether the provided console-based mechanisms for shutdown and reboot operate as intended and without error. While the test focuses on running commands from a virtual console, this test can be performed from any terminal application.
- Prepare a system for test. You can use a live image or an already installed system.
- Ensure the package under test is installed on the system.
How to test
- On a running system, change to a virtual console by pressing + +
- At the virtual console, login as the
- Reboot the system by running the command
- After the system boots, once again change to a virtual console by pressing + + . Note, manually booting the system may be required if the previous step fails.
- At the virtual console, login as a non-root user. If no non-root user accounts are available, you can create a new user account using the command
- Power off the system by running the
shutdowncommand. Consult the man page for different acceptable
[TIME]values. For example, to power off the system immediately, type the following command.
- Lastly, power on the system
- A login prompt is offered at the virtual console
rebootis accepted and initiates a system reboot. The system reboots with no additional user interaction.
shutdownis accepted and powers off the system without error.
- When the system boots, either from a
shutdownoperation, the system successfully boots without error, and all expected disk partitions are cleanly mounted.