This tests whether
brasero provides basic functionality for burning DVDs and/or CDs.
Please make sure that you have the
brasero package installed.
How to test
- While in GNOME 3 session, open Brasero (e.g. through Activities->Applications menu, or by typing
brasero in the Activities search box)
- Insert a writable/rewritable CD/DVD media. If the media is rewritable, try blanking it (Tools->Blank)
- Create a new data project (Click on Data project button) and try adding in some files both by using a toolbar button or dragging them inside Brasero from e.g. File manager. Try to organize them inside a few new folders (e.g. created through use of an toolbar button). Burn the compilation using default settings.
- Close and reopen Brasero, change or blank the media, and try to burn an ISO image. (Click on Burn image button, select an ISO image and have it burned using the default settings.) You can use e.g. this 1.4 MB image.
- Blanking should result in a successful formatting/erasing of used rewritable DVD/CD media.
- You should be able to add all kinds of files from different sources into a Data project, nest them in folders and burn such compilation successfully on all kinds of CD/DVD media.
- An ISO Image you have selected should be burned to the media of your choice successfully.