Migrating a filesystem from Ext4 (or other) to btrfs. NOTE: Convert has been rewritten since btrfs-progs 4.6; and rollback has been reworked in btrfs-progs 4.10.1. See https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Conversion_from_Ext3 for more info.
How to test
- Create an ext2, ext3 or ext4 volume and mount it
- Dump some data on it (large and small files)
- unmount the volume you intent to convert
- dnf install btrfs-progs
- Run btrfs-convert on the partition containing the target file system
- Mount partition
- Verify if files are still a) present and b) sane.
- Verify if a backup snapshot, named ext2_saved.
- btrfs-progs install successfully
- btrfs-convert runs successfully
- Data should be present and sane