QA:Testcase btrfs migration
Migrating a filesystem from Ext4 (or other) to btrfs. NOTE: Since kernel 4.x, conversions may not work reliably, in particular if there are large 1+GiB files present. Data loss is possible. The convert feature is currently undergoing a rewrite. See https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Conversion_from_Ext3 for more info.
How to test
- Create an ext4 partition
- Dump some data on it (large and small files)
- yum install btrfs-progs
- unmount the ext4 filesystem to be migrated
- Run btrfs-convert on the partition
- Mount partition
- Verify if files are still a) present and b) sane.
- Verify if a backup snapshot is created (TODO: Verify that this is default behavior)
- btrfs-progs install successfully
- btrfs-convert runs successfully
- Data should be present and sane