Run the standard regression tests bundled with the Calc command-line calculator
You'll need a shell.
How to test
- From the command line, run calc -q read /usr/share/calc/regress.cal. (The -q option prevents any startup scripts in your environment from interfering.
- A large number of tests will go by. This should take about three seconds.
- You should see the line 9997: passed all tests /\../\
- And then the line 9998: freeglobals()
- and finally, 9999: Ending regression tests
Note that test suite failure will not cause the calc command to exit with an error code.