QA:Testcase desktop message notification
This test case tests different message notifications and work with them while using empathy as an IM client.
- Boot into the distribution release and desktop you wish to test
- Ensure Empathy is installed by running the command
su -c 'yum install empathy'
- Run Empathy client by pressing Alt+F2 and typing "empathy"
- Add a Jabber account, if you don't have one active yet or are running empathy for the first time. You may use your existing account, if you have one or make a new one, if you don't.
- Go to menu "Chat" -> "Add contact.."
- For "Account" choose your jabber account.
- For "Identifier" input "email@example.com" (without quotes) - an echo service, which will automatically reply to your every message.
- For "Alias" input "echo_service" and confirm the dialog.
How to test
- Try message notification:
- Find "echo_service" contact in empathy contact list and open a conversation window with him. If you don't see it, try to show offline contacts (menu View -> Offline Contacts).
- Write a random messages to it.
- Write a message "!delay 10 hello" and send it to echo_service. The echo service should send you back a message after 10 seconds.
- Close message window.
- Try replying from notification area:
- Follow all previous steps again.
- When a message notification appears, move the mouse cursor on it.
- Write a few messages to echo_service from the notification area.
- There should be notification of new messages.
- It should be possible to write a message from notification.
- There should be a history of previous conversation in expanded notification area.