Test opening and displaying documents using the Document Viewer app (
- Download or copy some PDF documents to the testing environment. Very large and complex files make good tests. Portable Document Format (PDF) 1.7 specification is a good example, but try also to test other documents.
How to test
- Open the test document(s) with the Document Viewer app (this will be the default action in the GNOME desktop if you open the documents from Files).
- Test scrolling through each document.
- Test jumping to specific pages of each document, by clicking on chapter headings in the side bar, and by entering a page number in the header bar.
- Close the application.
- The document(s) should be loaded reasonably quickly and correctly displayed.
- You should be able to scroll through the document(s) without excessive delays.
- You should be able to jump to specific pages in the document(s) correctly and without excessive delays.
- Document Viewer should close correctly. It should not crash, unexpectedly close the document, or display any errors.