From Fedora Project Wiki
This test case tests whether the
%prep section of the .spec file can be executed only.
- Boot into the machine/VM you wish to test
- Ensure the
eclipse-fedorapackager-0.2.1-1.fc16package IS installed. Install it via
yum install eclipse-fedorapackager-0.2.1-1.fc16.
How to test
- Open Eclipse and use a new workspace.
eclipse -data test_day_20111013_fpe_prepare_sources
- Press Ctrl+Alt+F I to open the import wizard. Alternatively press Ctrl+3 and start typing "Projects from Fedora Git", then press return.
- Enter the package name of a package you maintain or use package
eclipse-fedorapackager. Make sure to clone anonymously by selecting the appropriate checkbox and click "Finish".
- The package you've just cloned should show up in your workspace
- Expand the project you've cloned into your workspace and double-click the .spec file in it. The .spec file should open in the editor.
- Right-click in the .spec file and select "Fedora Packager" => "Prepare Sources for Build", alternatively press Ctrl+Alt+F P with the .spec file open in the Eclipse editor view. This will execute the
%prepsection of your .spec file. You may want to use the "Outline" view in order to quickly jump to this section.
- Code in the
%prepsection should get executed and output shown in the "Console" view.
- A folder containing the deflated sources which are perhaps patched should show up in the current project in your workspace.