From Fedora Project Wiki
This tests searching from the GNOME Overview mode.
How to test
- Activate the Overview and start searching for your installed apps. Even a partial match should display the expected result, e.g. both "firefox" and "fire" should display Firefox as a result. Verify this with several different searches.
- You shouldn't need to manually focus the search field. Just activating the Overview and starting to type should automatically trigger search.
- Make sure Files is running. Then open a different app and make it focused.
- Activate the Overview and search for "files". Click on Files in results and you should be switched to its window.
- Test searching for your running and non-running apps and confirm that running apps are visually identified (e.g. having a white dot) from non-running apps.
- Create a search that lists two or more apps as a result (for example searching for "cal" should show Calculator, Calendar and Libreoffice Calc, if all installed). Hit Enter, the first app in results should be started/switched to.
- Repeat the search, but this time use
Tabor arrow keys to select a different app (the second or third). Hit
Enter, the app you manually selected should be started/switched to.
- Verify that searching for a section which exists in the Settings app shows you a result from the Settings app. For example when searching for "displays", you should see a Displays result in a Settings box, and clicking on it should open Settings -> Displays.
- Verify that you can search for a non-installed application and it is offered as a result from Software. E.g. searching for "frozen bubble" should show you a result for the Frozen Bubble game in a Software box, and clicking on it should open Software with the Frozen Bubble app page opened.
- Verify that you can search for an alternative tag for selected apps. For example, searching for "movie" should display Videos app as a result, and searching for "picture" should show you Photos or Image viewer or both.
- Note: This might only work in the English localization.
- Perform some additional Exploratory testing.
- All operations should behave as expected.
- Please report all failures to the GNOME tracker.