This test case tests whether GNOME 3 startup is successful using software rendering.
- Use a GNOME 3-based live image, or an installed system with the GNOME 3 desktop available
How to test
- Gnome 3 should start with Gnome Shell desktop environment.
- If the system hardware/driver combination is capable of supporting GNOME Shell, then GNOME Shell should be started
- If the system hardware/driver combination is not capable of supporting GNOME Shell, then GNOME's fallback mode - using GNOME Panel and Nautilus to display the desktop - should be started
- The system should never fail to display a desktop at all, or get stuck in a loop attempting to start either mode and failing