Gnome Software makes installing software easy. It is distro independent and works with idea of "applications" rather than with "packages".
- Ensure that Gnome Software is installed.
How to test
- Try to search and install your favorite application get info and launch it
- Try to remove it.
- Try to list All/Installed packages.
- Try some "Picks" or other categories
- Try updates (you need to install some older version of application from koji)
- Try Software Sources
- You should be able to search for, install and launch correctly.
- You should be able to remove it again
- Software listings should render correctly and results should be valid
- Picks should work as well
- Update of older package should be listed and update should be performed
- Software sources should be available