This testcase is to check that desktop login for your language and keyboard works and that native text is correctly displayed and translated on the desktop.
How to test
- Create a new user account (eg Ctrl-Alt-F2, login as root, "useradd [newuser]"; "passwd [newuser]", Ctrl-ALt-F1)
- Select new user in GDM
- Before entering password, choose your language, keyboard layout (if necessary), and optionally desktop type
- Check that the desktop is running in your chosen language and with the chosen keyboard layout
- Check that desktop fonts/rendering/characters for your language looks correct.
- Desktop starts in your selected language
- Correct keyboard layout configured
- Text in your language is displayed and rendered properly on the desktop.