From Fedora Project Wiki
This test case verifies that installing on a SAS device works properly. Testing on bare metal (not in a virtual machine) is preferred for this test case. For more information on serial-attached SCSI storage devices, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_attached_SCSI.
- Prepare a test system with a working SAS storage device of sufficient size for a Fedora install, and a Fedora installation medium.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means
- Proceed to the installer's main screen, making sensible choices, and enter the Installation Destination screen
- On the Installation Destination screen, select your test SAS device as the target disk
- Partition as you like, but bugs in partitioning that are not related to the SAS device type are outside the scope of this test
- Complete the installation process, making sensible selections for all other installer options
- Boot the installed system
- All installable SAS devices are successfully detected by installer and are available for partitioning.
- Partitions are created and formatted properly.
- Install completes successfully.
- System boots successfully recognizing filesystems created on the SAS device(s).