This test case tests whether basic X initialization is successful with the Intel video driver, with kernel mode setting disabled. You must be using a video adapter supported by the driver.
How to test
- Ensure the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf does not exist, or is a known-good configuration file that uses the 'intel' driver
- Shut your system down entirely, then start it up again
- Enter the bootloader configuration screen, and add the 'nomodeset' kernel parameter
- Observe whether the system successfully reaches the graphical login screen
- The system should boot successfully to the normal graphical login screen